My top six email newsletters:
- Dealbook, NY Times daily newsletter that covers financial news including M&A, IPOs, private equity and venture capital news.
- FT, daily newsletter from the Financial Times that has a list of their top news stories.
- Morningstar’s Ultimate Stock Pickers Portfolio, email updates from Justin Fuller whose portfolio tracks the performance of selected shares from Morningstar’s five star companies (those that trade at a significant discount to their intrinsic value).
- AltAssets, weekly newsletter from AltAssets that gives a summary of the weeks private equity and venture capital transactions.
- RBNZ, email updates from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- NZVCA, updates from the New Zealand Venture Capital Association. These don’t seem to come out very often, but do keep track of venture capital and private equity activity in NZ.
I do subscribe to a number of blogs and news sources via RSS with Bloglines. But I still find these email newsletters helpful.